Juicing is a fun and healthy way of getting more out of your fruits and vegetables. When you drink juice instead of eating a particular fruit or vegetable, you instantly get all of the health benefits of it. Fruits and vegetables contain many antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. While eating them definitely benefits us; through juicing, we get those benefits instantly as the body does not have to take too much effort to derive them. Juicing also cleanses the colon and liver and benefits our hair and skin tremendously. Today we will study some easy ways to juice oranges/carrots/fresh apples/cucumbers/lemons etc with and without a juicer.
1. Ways to juice without a juicer
If you love juices, you might want to invest in a quality juicer. However, there are many ways to juice fruits and vegetables, especially oranges/apples and cucumbers without a juicer. However, you do need a regular blender at the very least. You also need some tools like cheesecloth and a fine-mesh strainer. Make sure you keep a bowl on hand to collect the juice in.
- Start by pureeing all ingredients
- You might need some water or liquid to get the ingredients to move.
- Cover the bowl with the fine mesh strainer. Place the cheesecloth over the strainer.
- Slowly pour the liquid in the blender over the cheesecloth.
- Allow the juice to collect in the bowl.
- Collect the ends of the cheesecloth together and gently squeeze it. You might want to wear an apron to avoid the collected puree from splashing on your clothes.
Enjoy the fresh juice.
2. How to make carrot juice without juicer or blender
Carrot juice is rich in beta carotene-an antioxidant needed for healthy eyes.
- In order to make carrot juice without a blender or a juicer, simply take a fine grater and grate the carrots. You will need at least 8-10 juicy and fresh carrots in order to produce a glass of juice.
- Once you have grated the carrots, rub a bit of salt on them. Salt releases the juices from the carrots. Allow the salted carrots to remain undisturbed for a few minutes.
- Next, place the grated carrots in a strainer with cheesecloth. Squeeze the cheesecloth to release the juice. Collect the juice in a bowl. Pour the juice in a glass and enjoy.
The downside to juicing without a blender or juicer is that you get very limited quantity of juice. You also need to take a lot of effort to produce small quantity of juice. The above method is useful to make cucumber juice without juicer or blender.
3. How to make fresh apple juice at home
- Wash, peel and core the apples
- Place apples in a pot and cover them with adequate water to cover all apples.
- Boil the apple-water mixture for 30 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool a bit.
- Strain the mixture into a bowl. You can also mash the softened apples a bit to get all the juice.
- Taste the warm apple juice. If you want, add some sugar or cinnamon to it.
- You may use the apple pulp collected in the strainer to make applesauce.
- Keep the juice refrigerated. Consume it within a week.
4. How to juice an apple with a blender
To juice an apple, peel, core and chop the apples into wedges. Place them in the blender. You might have to add a bit of apple juice or water to get the stuff moving. Water will dilute the juice, so it is better to add apple juice. Blend well. If needed, strain the contents with a strainer and cheesecloth as above.
5. How to juice oranges by hand
To juice oranges by hand, you need a hand juicer. Start by cutting the oranges in half. Place the hand juicer on a flat surface and keep a bowl ready to collect the juice. Squeeze each half of the oranges on the conical portion of the juicer. Continue twisting and squeezing all the orange halves. You will need at least 2-3 large juicy oranges to yield one 8 ounce glass of juice.
6. How to juice a lemon
Lemon juice contains tons of Vitamin C and you can add it to hot water to ward off coughs and colds. In order to get maximum juice from a lemon, microwave it. This will help you release all the juice. Use a manual citrus press juicer which helps you squeeze lemons efficiently. Another simpler trick of juicing a lemon is to rub the lemon horizontally on a flat surface a couple of times. This releases the juices and helps you squeeze more efficiently.
Juicing is healthy and fun way of getting all the nutrients you need. You can always invest in juicers for fruits and vegetables but the above easy ways can help you juice without them.