You do not need to be a technical whiz to build a website. Anyone can create a high quality website with just a few bucks a month and this guide on easy ways to build a website.
1. Start by creating a name for the website
The first step in creating a website is selecting a good name for it. We are referring to a domain name which people can relate to and find you easily on the Web. A memorable domain name can help potential customers reach you and remember your website. You could select .com or .co.uk or .net or .org type website which are trusted by users. If yours is a business website, .biz extension will also work. If you trade in other countries, then you can also use the extension of that country as it will help you in the trade.
- Explore different ideas for domain names
- Buy the domain name by registering and paying the money
- Renew the subscription so others cannot snatch away the domain name you have chosen.
2. Determine the purpose of your website
An important part of the easy ways to create a website is to determine why you need the website in the first place. Find out if you wish to:
- Sell directly– in which case you might need to buy an ecommerce package or set up a shop on the site. This will require you to take care of postage, shipping, returns and other logistics.
- Become an affiliate in MLM type of marketing- where you promote other people’s products on your website
- Offer sales or service support for certain products
- Use the website to give information about your company/service/products
The analysis of why you need a website will help you come up with the right structure and colors for the website.
3. Structure of the website
Any website has a structure with following basic elements which constitute the Site Map
- Home page
- About us page
- Company information
- Contact Page
- Help and Support
- Business links
Try different structures for the site maps-you need not get it right the first time. You can also come back and change it later. It is essential to create site maps with the navigation of end users and customers in mind. Think about the logical path your visitors will take and create the map accordingly. This is an important easy way to make a website.
4. Decide on the ways to build the website
There are many ways to create a website. You can go for paid ways or you can also create a website for free. The 3 easy ways to create a website are as follows:
- Build it from scratch– if you know HTML programming, you can use this step. This is, however, a time consuming step to create a website for free.
- Use a site creator– This is the fastest and one of the easiest ways to make a website. You can use online tools for this. Simply pick a template provided by these tools and then add images and other useful information. You do not need any technical know-how for this. If you are on a budget, this is one of the cheap easy ways to make a website.
- Hire a professional– This is an option for busy working professionals. If you do not have the time (or expertise) you can hire a pro for making the website. This option is easiest for people having money and complex requirements.
If you have the time, you can learn HTML. It is a rewarding experience and you can easily do so. Many online tools, sites and forums can help you.
5. Add content
A good website informs, educates and helps you achieve the purpose you have designed it for. Therefore, content forms an important part of the website. You can decide how much information you wish to put on it or none at all. Keep in mind the needs of your visitors. Select carefully what should go where.
- Avoid dead ends. Each page must tell the visitor what s/he should do next
- Keep content snappy- no more than 500 words unless you really need it longer
- A casual, cheerful tone always works well
- Be personal instead of stuffy and formal
- Place photos, videos and other essential things to attract visitors
You can ideally use your own images and videos. If not- there are always free resources to use including Creative Commons for images etc.
6. Make your website secure
Security is an important part of every website. If you wish to get your buyer’s confidence, make sure you use SSL certificate from GlobalSign.
7. Hosting and publishing the site
Once you have used one of the aforementioned easy ways to create a website, you can publish it. You will need at least 10 MB storage space and bandwidth. More the number of visitors, greater the bandwidth you will need for the site. If you decide to buy a web-hosting package, make sure they provide a good support as well as reliability and security.
8. Keep the site updated
Once you have used these easy ways to build a website, you must continue updating it regularly. If you have a blog, keep adding great (relevant) content with the right keywords. You might also want to have use SEO (search engine optimization) strategies to continue getting new visitors. If possible, get someone to help you with the blog and updating information about products and services. You must also promote your site on social media (Facebook/Twitter etc) to create a buzz about it and get more visitors. Do review old pages and update them to fix broken links etc. Do this activity every few months.
9. Use analytics
Using analytical tools, find out how people are finding your website, what content they are finding useful, and also ways you can use this information to update and improve the site. Start a forum so visitors can ask questions, and also upload some videos which help inform readers about your products and services.
Use these easy ways to build a website and give an online boost to your business.
If these tips made your life a little easier, let us know. This enables us to create more useful guides for you.