In the West, men and women love to tan in order to get that sun-kissed glow. Many fair skinned people are known to use bronzers or artificial tanning sprays and products to appear darker. Most westerners with white skin love spending hours in the sun or make use tanning oils to help their skin absorb more of the sun’s rays and tan faster. In the East however, you get to see the exact opposite: majority of the women and men here go to great lengths to avoid the sun. They also use sunscreen religiously and are known to look for effective and easy ways to whiten skin naturally fast. The search term ‘How to whiten skin overnight’ is a popular one, and that is precisely the topic of this article. Here we will discuss everything you need to know about how to whiten skin fast for men and women.
Before we do so, let us consider some basics about how skin gets its color.
Skin color: factors that affect it
Human skin is made up of different elements and layers. The skin color itself contains melanin, blood vessels and carotene. Each of these three elements plays an important role in determining our skin’s color. The more the melanin, the darker is the skin color. Carotene, on the other hand, gives the skin a yellowish tinge while the blood vessels give it a pinkish, reddish hue. All three factors combine together to give you your skin color. Here are some other factors that affect skin color…
· Sun’s rays
The UVA and UVB rays of the sun give rise to dark spots and blotchy skin tone. This is mainly because, melanin production increases with sun exposure and the areas that are usually affected by the sun include the face, arms, legs, back, shoulders and all others that are usually exposed to the skin.
Hormonal imbalance is also responsible for darkening of the skin. Following pregnancy, many women tend to experience changes in skin color which is attributed to changes in the levels of estrogen.
Age is another factor that causes darkening of skin. The reason behind this is unknown.
Acne can leave behind ugly scarring which leads to skin darkening.
At home skin whitening: is it effective?
All of us want a radiant glowing skin. Many women spend hundreds and thousands of dollars to lighten their skin and get rid of spots and blemishes. What most people do not know is that common kitchen ingredients, and particularly, fruits and vegetables have substances that can reduce darkness of the skin and also eliminate spots, blotches and wrinkles. Using these easy ways to whiten skin naturally at home has the following advantages:
- Easy ways of whitening skin at home generally use fruits and vegetables that are rich in antioxidants. Anti-oxidants reduce the activity of free radicals-which are rogue molecules- that lead to aging.
- We consume most of these ingredients on a day-to-day basis. As a result, they are readily available and are also devoid of side effects. Since we consume these food items, our body generally tolerates them easily. Our skin reacts positively and favorably so we start seeing results faster.
- Unlike skin whitening treatments and products which are available commercially, easy ways of whitening skin at home are cheaper. The investment in the raw materials needed for at-home skin whitening treatment is very little. Any person can readily afford them and can get a radiant and glowing skin in weeks.
- The easy methods used to whiten body skin fast naturally also take care of sunburn and age spots. Not only are these effective, they also leave you with healthier skin.
Easy ways to keep the skin from darkening
- Avoid the sun-The sun leads to over production of melanin. So, try and use sunglasses, sunscreen lotions, hats, scarves, umbrellas etc. Wear full sleeved shirt and full pants as far as possible. Avoid the sun in peak sunny periods between 10 am to 4pm. Seek the shade where possible. Minimize time spent on beaches etc.
- Drink plenty of water– Hydration is the key element of beautiful, radiant and healthy skin. Men and women who drink up to 10 glasses of water daily have lower tendency of developing age spots.
- Eat a balanced diet– A diet rich in essential fatty acids, amino acids, proteins, minerals, vitamins and trace minerals is important for glowing skin.
- Address health issues– Underlying health problems like hormonal imbalance, thyroid issues, liver problems etc can all lead to hyper pigmentation. So get regular health checkups and address problems if any.
Easy skin whitening home remedies
- Skin whitening pills– Skin whitening pills have received rave reviews from African American and Asian users. Here are some good products.
- Skin whitening soap– Soaps containing kojic acid, papaya, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar have received great feedback and are considered some of the most effective and easy skin whitening remedies in the comforts of one’s home.
- Skin brightening and whitening creams– Creams containing kojic acid, hydroquinone, glycolic acid etc are ideal for use on face, neck, arms, elbows, upper chest, back etc. They are also ideal for all skin types including sensitive skin. If, however, you are allergic to any of the ingredients, make sure you perform a patch test overnight to rule out possibility of rashes. Here are some products that have received good feedback.
- Peels, Bleach and at-home microdermabrasion– Chemical peels, bleach and at-home microdermabrasion are some other easy ways to whiten skin fast overnight. Do note that these skin whitening products and methods tend to make your skin red and sensitive to the sun. So make sure you take all necessary precaution before using them or when stepping outside in the sun. Also talk to your dermatologist whether these skin whitening products are right for you.
- Milk, lemon and yogurt face mask– Mix small quantities of milk, yogurt, and lemon juice. Apply this all over the face and neck. Let the mixture work for half an hour before washing it off.
- Aloe vera skin whitening– Aloe Vera is nature’s gift to mankind. The gel found in the mature leaf of aloe vera can be applied on the skin and kept overnight for therapeutic as well as skin whitening effects. It is also a great moisturizer and heals blemishes and acne marks.
- Cucumber juice– A mixture of cucumber juice and lemon juice can be applied to the skin wherever you want to achieve a whitening effect. Leave it on for a few minutes before washing off. Consistency is important when using this easy way of skin whitening at home.
- Tomato or potato juice– Apply some grated potato/tomato juice to the blemishes and watch them fade away in weeks.
- Coconut water– Coconut water has many healing and rejuvenating properties and skin whitening is one of them. Apply it overnight to see quick results.
These are some of the easy ways of whitening skin naturally at home. As stated before, please exercise caution when using these remedies. If you experience rashes or allergic reaction, stop their use immediately and consult a dermatologist.