Building a bigger, stronger and better lower body requires three things: proper nutrition, right warm-up/stretches and a great workout program. When combined together, these things can easily help you build bigger, thicker thighs in a short time.
1. Eat right
Pay attention to pre, peri and post workout nutrition. Drink protein shakes. Take a good protein supplement.
- In each meal you must include protein (one portion) and carbs (2 portions). One portion is approximately the size of your palm.
- Add healthy fats to your meal- fish oil and flax oil are good sources and so are avocados, walnuts etc.
- Focus on eating unprocessed natural foods.
- Do not change your diet all at once.
- Eat plenty of eggs, fish, soy bean, legumes, low fat dairy, poultry- these foods are good ways to get bigger thighs by eating.
2. Choose a good thigh workout
There is no way around it- you cannot get thick thigh without exercise unless you also want flab. Try to schedule thigh workouts one or two times a week with cardio. Weight training, stretching and a good thigh workout program will definitely help you get bigger thighs in 21 days.
3. Keep things fresh
Do not map your leg workout. On leg day, do a few leg extensions to warm up. This will keep blood moving. Change is also a good thing when it comes to getting bigger thighs. It is insane doing the same things over and over while expecting same results. Change your routine often to make progress.
4. Warm-up well
Warm up is key to get bigger thighs in 2 weeks. Begin your leg workout with 10 minutes of cardio then go on to leg extensions.
5. Do not go overboard with weights
As a beginner to thigh or leg workout, start small. Take weights that you are comfortable with. Lighter is better as you do not want injury. Learn the right form early so you do not have to break bad habits later.
6. Best exercises to get bigger bum and thighs fast
- Squats– Squats workout the gluteal muscles, calves, hamstrings, quadriceps, and thighs. Start with feet apart at shoulder width. You can hold a barbell behind your head on the shoulders or just fold your arms in front of your chest. You can even hold a medicine ball in front and above your head as you squat. Inhale going down, exhale going up. When squatting, make sure that your knees do not go ahead of your toes. Do 10-12 reps in 3 sets each.
- Lunges– Hold kettle bells in each hand. Lower one leg with the knee almost touching the floor and place the other leg in front bent at the knee. Alternate with the other leg as you move forward. ‘Walk’ in this manner with alternate legs. This is a top exercise for fatter thighs.
- Leg extension-Adjust your backseat so that your ankles are below the footpad/rollers. Sit back against the backseat. Do not let the weight touchdown-this will give you maximum benefit. Keep the motion fluid. Concentrate on feeling the muscles work. Repeat 8-10 times in 3 sets. During the final rep, increase the weight.
- Standing calf raises- Use a Smith Machine for this exercise. With your legs straight, lower yourself to stretch the calves, rise as high as you can and squeeze the muscles.
- Leg press– Keep feet and knees hip width apart. Control descent to 90 degree flexion. Return to start position by extending the knees. Avoid hyperextension knees. Maintain flat feet throughout.
7. Do not overlook Cardio
Walking briskly, jogging and working on the cross trainer can also give you bigger thighs without weights. Just try to use speed- you can run for 5 minutes and then immediately go for barbell squats, dead lifts and step up. These lower body workouts are very good for building thicker thighs.
8. Do mountain climbers at home
A great way to increase thigh size at home without weights is to use mountain climbers. In this exercise, you get into a push-up position, place both hands about shoulder width apart and set your feet on the toes. Without moving hands, bring one leg forward to touch the knee to the elbow. Alternate with other leg; one leg forward, one back. Repeat as fast as you can in 1 minute.
Use these 8 steps to get bigger thighs. Do not forget to check out our article on how to bulk up fast.