To bulk up is not easy. It is the biggest challenge skinny guys face and there is a constant battle between consuming the right amount calories and exercising right to gain muscles and not fat. In today’s easy ways guide, we will discuss some easy ways to bulk up fast.
Table of Contents
1. Eat more than usual
The best and easiest way to bulk up at home is to eat 6 smaller meals consisting of good carbs and proteins. These should include 3 large meals and 2 to 4 smaller though hefty snacks. You must also eat more than what you normally do. Choose high calorie foods like hearty soups, buttery and dense whole grain breads, healthy oils, fatty fish, moderate amounts of dark or red meat, eggs etc. Each meal should also contain healthy complex carbs and proteins. Eat unprocessed carbs like oatmeal, sweet potatoes, whole grain breads and pastas, cereals etc. Also eat fruits and vegetables every day. Do not eat until you puke but go for larger portions than normal.
2. Make the extras count
Do not eat anything plain. Add canola oil, olive oil or coconut oil to anything you eat. Drizzle margarine and oils on your snacks, your main meals and sides etc. Go for high calorie dressings, condiments as well. Choose whole milk in place of skim milk. Add peanut butter, cashew butter and other nut butters to all your meals. Go for smoothies containing protein powders, full cream and whole milk or yogurt. Add soy protein, whey protein and honey or jam to your shakes and smoothies. Drizzle nuts and seeds on your morning cereal and smoothies. Eat plenty of walnuts, cashew nuts, almonds, and healthy seeds like flax seeds, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds etc.
- Add margarine to potatoes, hot cereals, veggies
- Sprinkle cheese on casserole, veggies, sandwiches and salads
- Add cream cheese to bagels and crackers
- Eat avocado with sandwiches, salads and Mexican dishes.
- Wheat germ and bran can be used to sweeten hot or cold cereals
3. Choose bulking up drinks
In place of water, go for bulk increasing beverages like smoothies, milkshakes etc. Limit your intake of diet sodas, caffeinated beverages etc. Drink alcohol in moderation.
Relevant Content: Easy ways to gain weight
4. Eat around your workout
You must also follow your bulk up diet plan with a bulk up workout. Since workout uses up glucose, you must make sure to eat carbs and lean proteins around your workout.
5. Weigh yourself regularly
If you are not gaining weight, you must increase your calorie intake. Try and keep your daily calorie intake to 4000+ calories.
6. Follow a bulk up workout
- Chest-Benchpress and dips
- Shoulders and back-Pull ups, deadlift, military press, Dumbell side laterals.
- Triceps and biceps- curls and presses
- Hams and Calves- Side leg lift, leg press, calves raises.
Try and keep exercise sessions between 30-60 minutes. Do 15-20 different exercises.Also get in 10-20 minutes cardio at the end of weight training.
7. Follow a bulk up diet meal plan
Here is a sample bulk up diet meal plan
- Morning-4 eggs with quinoa and 1 oz raw cheddar
- Mid morning- Super milkshake with bulk up supplement powder
- Lunch- 2 chicken breasts, sweet potatoes and salad.
- Afternoon Snack-1/3 rd cup almond butter with apples
- Salmon patties with salad
8. Bulk up fast with supplements
- Carnation Instant breakfast
- Nestle’s Ovaltine or malt powder
We hope these 8 easy ways to bulk up work for you. Good luck!