If you are into sports, then you know the importance of keeping your hair in one place. The easiest hairstyles for sports include ponytails and braids. Not only do these hairstyles look great; they also prevent the hair from getting into the eyes. You can also keep your hair short-which is one of the easiest ways to do your hair for sports. But if you like the flexibility and versatility offered by long hair, then you can try out these easy ways to do your hair for sports tutorial.
Table of Contents
1. The high braid
This is one of the easiest ways to do your hair for swimming, cheerleading, gym or other sporty activities. Here are the steps:
- Comb your hair and pull them high up in a ponytail.
- Braid along the length and tease the hair as you go down.
- Tie the hair up at the bottom with a rubberband.
2. The fishtail side braid
- Take your hair all to one side.
- Starting from the top, braid the hair in a French braid or fishtail braid.
- If you have bangs, leave them as is or incorporate them in the braid.
3. The volleyball or softball hairstyle
This hairstyle has got its name owing to its popularity among female volleyball players. It is a half up half down sports hairstyle which can prevent the hair from getting into your way. Here is the easy way to do this hairstyle:
- Start by bunching up the hair from the back of your head and crown into a high ponytail.
- Take hair from regular intervals from the front and start making a sideways braid.
- You can use lace or hair extensions to achieve this hairstyle.
The image below explains how to do a side-braid.
4. The classic sophisticated ponytail
This beautiful hairstyle is easy and perfect for sports-whether you are a soccer player or a cheerleader. It also displays the texture of your hair perfectly.
5. The half braid half ponytail easy hairstyle tutorial for sports
This beautiful elegant half up half down hairstyle involves sectioning the hair from the front and back. Image courtesy JoinTheMood.
- Once you have pulled out two sections, leave the one on the bottom half as is. We will braid it later.
- Now start a French braid from top of the crown.
- Do not go all the way down, but leave 5 to 6 inches of hair for the ponytail. Use a rubberband to hold the hair.
- Now braid the lower left side section.
- Once braided, wrap it around the ponytail.
- Use pins to secure the hair in place.
6. The classic bun
A bit of smoothening serum and/or hairspray is all you need to do this easy sports hairstyle. This is one of the easy hairstyles for swimmers and gymnasts.
- Use a ponytail holder or a band to tie the hair up in a ponytail just below the crown.
- Twist the remaining hair around the base of the ponytail and form a bun.
- If the ends are sticking, use pins to secure them. You can also pull out a few strands for a messy bun as shown in the image.
- Use some hairspray or hair wax to set the hair.
7. The slick ponytail with hair band
This easy sports hairstyle needs hair spray, hair wax or pomade. You will also need good quality head bands.
- Take a little hair wax on the hands and rub it through the hair.
- Slick back all the hair and tie a high ponytail
- Use a hair band and add it to the front part of the hair just behind the hairline.
- You can use two bands to hold the hair and add some color to the look.
- These days, even single large head band straps with slots for ponytails are available readily as above.
So, the next time you are playing, try these gorgeous sports hairstyles and easy ways to do them tutorials to look gorgeous!