Testosterone levels directly impact a man’s weight; the lower the levels, the higher are his chances of developing obesity and belly fat and having poor metabolism. Lower levels of testosterone also impact libido and sexuality. Moreover, it can increase the risk of developing hypertension and diabetes. Thankfully, there are many supplements and foods that can increase testosterone levels naturally and quickly in younger and older men. Here’s how:
Table of Contents
- 1. Eat foods that increase testosterone naturally
- 2. Herbs and spices
- 3. Supplements to increase testosterone
- 4. Vitamins
- 5. Avoid binge drinking
- 6. Women-avoid OCP
- 7. Drink protein shakes, smoothies and juices
- 8. Avoid synthetic protein
- 9. Replace all plastic in the home
- 10. Avoid excess carbs and sugar
- 11. Curb stress
- 12. Avoid herbicides and pesticides
- 13. Avoid placing heated laptop on the lap
- 14. Stop smoking
- 15. Cut soy
- 16. Avoid sunscreens, chemical-laden shampoos and toothpastes
- 17. Get sexually stimulated often-have more sex
- 18. Keep a positive attitude
- 19. Meditate
- 20. Take cold showers
- 21. Get more sunshine
- 22. Do weight training-but avoid over training
1. Eat foods that increase testosterone naturally
The easiest, quickest and most cost effective way to boost testosterone naturally is by incorporating certain foods, spices and herbs in the diet. Here are some foods that increase testosterone naturally:
- Cruciferous vegetables– Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, kale and spinach are the super foods to include in your diet.
- Other vegetables– Avocados, celery, garlic, onions, dandelion roots.
- Fruits-Apples, bananas, grapefruits, kiwi, oranges, grapes, berries, papaya, pineapple, and pomegranate are some of the best fruits that increase testosterone naturally.
- Proteins– This is a must have in the diet to prevent lower levels of testosterone. Include beans, cottage cheese, fish, organic eggs, lean meat, organic raw heavy cream, oysters, turkey and chicken.
- Seeds– Eat pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, and sunflower seeds for their high omega 3 essential fatty acids.
- Others– Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, quinoa, wheat germ, whole oats etc.
2. Herbs and spices
Natural testosterone supplements often contain the following herbs and spices:
- Milk thistle– this herb removes unwanted estrogen from the body.
- Oregano– this herb boosts testosterone, depletes unwanted estrogen and also contains natural antioxidants
- Ginseng-improves sperm quality and fights stress. It is best for men who do not have energy or feel tired and lethargic all the time.
- Rosemary– This herb fights unwanted free radicals that may impair testosterone levels.
- Horny goat weed– This is a natural t-booster and is available in the form of pills. Horny goat weed can also enhance libido and sexual stamina.
- Stinging nettle roots-This herb is available in the form of pills but you can also add the herb, dried or fresh, to your recipes.
- Tribulus terrestris-This is a popular herb that helps the body maintain T-levels.
- Others-Sage, thyme, turmeric and tongkat ali are all natural t-level boosters.
3. Supplements to increase testosterone
- BCAA– Branched chain amino acids dramatically raise testosterone when combined with exercise. Many people drink protein shakes during weight and resistance training to get BCAA.
- CLA-Conjugates linoleic acid is another top supplement in this category. It is found in organic lean beef. Consume at least 5 grams daily.
- Creatine– this is available as powder and pills and you can even get it in your grocery stores. It helps muscles retain strength and power and enables better lifting.
You also need to take multi vitamins like A, C, D and K as well as Zinc and B-complex if you are looking to increase testosterone level by medicine. Deficiencies of these vitamins tend to convert testosterone into estrogen. So take these supplements to prevent that. This is especially true in case of older men.
5. Avoid binge drinking
Alcohol can inhibit the production of this male hormone. The same goes for carbonated drinks-so cut back or avoid these drinks entirely.
6. Women-avoid OCP
Oral contraceptive pills or birth control pills can lower the levels of testosterone and subsequently your libido. Look for alternative methods of contraception.
7. Drink protein shakes, smoothies and juices
Drink plenty of dark green juices and smoothies. They contain multivitamins, antioxidants and minerals. Add a good protein powder to these morning health drinks to enhance your t-boosting.
8. Avoid synthetic protein
Go for natural, organic sources of proteins as far as possible.
9. Replace all plastic in the home
Plastics contain xenoestrogen which can impact your T-level. Reduce use of plastic bottles and especially avoid heating food in plastic containers.
10. Avoid excess carbs and sugar
Insulin spikes after eating sugar which in turn could reduce levels of the male hormone.
11. Curb stress
Get adequate rest. Avoid stressing over simple matters. Ask yourself, ‘will this problem matter a week/month/year from now?’ Majority of the times, the answer would be no.
12. Avoid herbicides and pesticides
Many of the commercially produced herbicides and pesticides increase estrogen levels which, in turn, reduce t-levels. So go for natural means to prevent insects and pests.
13. Avoid placing heated laptop on the lap
Sperm level production decreases when temperature of the testicles goes up. So keep the genital area cool. Wear cotton underpants. At night, avoid wearing underwear-sleep in the buff!
14. Stop smoking
Nicotine reduces oxygen levels in the blood, increase heart rate as well as the binding frequency of sex-hormone binding globulin. This lowers t-levels.
15. Cut soy
Soy is estrogenic and can decreases testosterone.
16. Avoid sunscreens, chemical-laden shampoos and toothpastes
All these impact the adrenal gland. Triclosan in toothpastes impedes nitric oxide levels which indirectly impact testosterone-boosting ability of the body.
17. Get sexually stimulated often-have more sex
Frequent sexual stimulation increases testosterone naturally.
18. Keep a positive attitude
Keeping a positive attitude and being happy and optimistic is key to higher t-levels.
Calming and relaxation techniques like meditation help lower stress levels and boost testosterone levels.
20. Take cold showers
Cold showers may be libido killers but they also improve circulation. Enhanced circulation is good for everything from the head to toe. So go ahead and take 10 minute cold showers. You can also alternate between hot and cold water.
21. Get more sunshine
Vitamin D reduces stress and cortisol and enhances feel good hormones including testosterone.
22. Do weight training-but avoid over training
Lose excess fat by cutting calories and lifting weight. However, do not over train as it can lead to wear and tear of muscles. Adequate rest times can enhance testosterone levels significantly. Even 20 minute high intensity workouts can help.
Use these easy ways to increase testosterone quickly and naturally.