Many couples want to include their pets in what is inarguably one of the most important days of their lives. You can add them to your photos or have as the ring bearer during the ceremony. There are literally hundreds of ideas to include your furry or winged pets in your Big Day. Let us find out 15 adorable and easy ways to include your bird, horse, cat or dog in wedding ceremony.
Table of Contents
- 1. Have them propose!
- 2. Tie the engagement/wedding ring around the pet’s collar
- 3. Save the date using their pics!
- 4. Add them to your stationery
- 5. Dress them up on the big day
- 6. Add personalized pet charms to your favors, stationery
- 7. Include them in your wedding accessories
- 8. Make them your bridal squad!
- 9. Have them carry the camera!
- 10. Have them carry signs and props for photos
- 11. Doggy bags get a whole new meaning
- 12. Have guests do something nice for birds
- 13. Give proceeds to animal welfare organizations
- 14. Join hands and paws for interesting pre/wedding day photo shoots
- 15. Include them in the cake
1. Have them propose!
Post a photo of your dog/cat with a board or sign asking your significant other to marry its mom/dad!
2. Tie the engagement/wedding ring around the pet’s collar
This is an easy and adorable way to include a dog or cat in wedding ceremony.
3. Save the date using their pics!
If you have several cats and/or dogs, use them to announce your wedding date.
4. Add them to your stationery
If you are not able to bring dog to wedding service, you could at least add their picture to the stationery. It will also make a memento or a keepsake for life. Animated cards like this one are easy and cute too!
5. Dress them up on the big day
Dress up your cat or dog in adorable wedding dresses/tuxedos matching your wedding theme or colors. Weddings do not get cuter than this! Cats look great with pearls while dogs will do well in colorful ribbons, bow ties etc. A tutu in pink is ideal for kitten or puppies. Cool shades, hats, scarves, shawls, booties etc are other cool accessories for your darlings.
6. Add personalized pet charms to your favors, stationery
This is a great way to remember pets who have passed away or ones you are not able to bring in on your wedding day. Add tiny pictures of your beloved fur baby on your stationery, favors, table place mats etc. This is a popular one among dog themed wedding ideas.
7. Include them in your wedding accessories
Include pet’s photograph/s on cufflinks, bride’s tiara, boutonnieres, unity candles, bracelets, balloons, stationery, favors, and pretty much anywhere else you can think of.
8. Make them your bridal squad!
Best man and bridesmaids need not always be a human! A little bit of dog wedding training and your little one can even carry flowers to the altar! They could also accompany the ring bearer/ flower girls. And this idea is not limited to dogs or cats alone- even birds, turtles etc can be included for this theme. Have a horse? Ride it to your wedding venue!
9. Have them carry the camera!
Attach a Go Pro to your pet’s harness and you have your own wedding photographer for the day! It will be fun to watch the day later from your pooch’s perspective!
10. Have them carry signs and props for photos
There are many innovative signage and props for wedding ideas for dog lovers or cat lovers.
- I loved her/him first- with paw prints
- S/he is mine first
- Will you marry my dad/mom?
11. Doggy bags get a whole new meaning
Give these doggy bags to guests for their wedding favors.
12. Have guests do something nice for birds
Give your guests seeds to feed the birds/pigeons or ducks in parks-an eco friendly way to get in touch with nature.
13. Give proceeds to animal welfare organizations
In lieu of gifts have guests donate to animal welfare homes or rescue organizations.
14. Join hands and paws for interesting pre/wedding day photo shoots
The picture says it all.
15. Include them in the cake
Cat and dog cake toppers are readily available online.