Now that we have entered 2020, we must clear away any bad energy left behind by the previous year. It is time to declutter and remove the debris left behind by arguments, stress, jealousy, hatred, and other negative emotions. Energy clearing and de-cluttering help bring loving, positive energy into your home as well as your aura so that you are ready to take on the New Year with positivity and vigor.
Let us take a look at ways to cleanse your home of negative energy.
1. Create a strong intention to bring in positive energy
The first step to clean out and remove negative energy from an office or home is to cleanse your thoughts. Set a strong intention to think only positive thoughts. Begin your day with gratitude and make a firm resolve that you will only think good, clean thoughts. This is the first step to energy-cleansing on an environment. It always begins with you. The very fact that you are reading this article on how to detect negative energy in a home means that you are ready to set a strong intention. Start by re-affirming your resolutions and intentions for 2020. Keep a gratitude journal and meditate every day. Spiritual and religious practices help ground you and your faith will certainly make you more positive. Positive loving thoughts will also cleanse your aura.
2. Clap away bad energy from the corners
This might seem a bit odd, but you can actually ‘clap’ negative energy away from the corners of your home or office. Do this when you are alone at home just in case your family members are not open to this Feng Shui method of removing negative energy from an office or your home.
- Start with one corner.
- Clap your hands up and down several times while thinking a clear thought of removing negative and dark energy from that space. If you follow certain religions or spiritual practices, you can also say a mantra or a chant a primordial sound that you believe in. For example, Buddhists chant the mantra Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyu, while Hindus chant Om-Namah-Shivay. Likewise, you can chant Peace/Love/Hope or any other word you believe in.
- Clap until you feel that the negative energy has left the space.
- Repeat the process in another corner. Cover all the corners of each room and also do the same in each closet. This is a surefire way of getting rid of negative energy from a home or office.
- After you finish clapping, take a bath with soap to remove the energy and prevent it from harming your health.
3. Burn rock salt
For an intensive cleansing, you can burn rock salt to cleanse the negative energy. This is especially important if you have had an argument, illness, or death in the house. You may also use this technique of removing negative energy from a new home after you have moved in. Since burning is involved, please be careful and follow the instructions properly.
- Rock salt
- Rubbing alcohol
- Small disposable aluminum foil pans (as many as the number of rooms you want to clean)
- One large aluminum pan
- Match sticks/lighter
- Disconnect the smoke alarms temporarily.
- Start with one room. Remove trash and clean the room.
- Place a couple of tablespoons of rock salt in one disposable pan and place this pan on the larger aluminum pan.
- Next, place the large pan (with the smaller pan and rock salt) in the middle of the room (on the floor) that you want to cleanse.
- Add enough rubbing alcohol on the salt to soak it thoroughly.
- Light the salt with a matchstick/lighter.
- Loudly say: Thank you for the complete disintegration of negative thoughts, emotions, and energies from this room.
- A fairly large flame will be produced. Keep an eye on it. Also, keep a wet towel or an old blanket nearby to douse the fire should the need arise. Be careful.
- After the fire has burned out completely, move to the next room and repeat the process.
- Once all rooms have been cleansed, throw out the disposable pans and other trash. Keep all windows and doors open for an hour to let in positive energy.
- Take a bath/wash your hands to remove negative energy from your body.
4. Burn incense
Burning sandalwood or rose incense is an easy way to remove bad energy from an office or home. The moment you sense the signs of negative energy in the house, burn the sandalwood/rose incense or diffuse their essential oils. Sandalwood brings positivity and spiritual and emotional well-being while rose brings in love and harmony.
These days, aromatherapy diffusers are available to safely burn essential oils. They make your home smell great and also uplift the mood. You can buy incense sticks online (best to select ones made in India, Japan, or other South Asian countries). Move the incense sticks counterclockwise in the corners, closets, and other areas of each room. As you do so, say the following words: ‘I am grateful for the cleansing and removal of the negative energy, negative thoughts and negative emotions from this room’. You can do this on a daily basis. Always keep the windows and doors open for an hour afterward to allow positive energy to flow in.
5. Use herbs
Sage, rosemary, thyme, lavender, and frankincense are a few herbs you can burn to clear bad energy from the house. You can also buy essential oils of these herbs and burn or diffuse them. This will bring about a quick energy cleansing.
6. Cleanse your own aura
Cleansing one’s aura can help clear negative thoughts like anger, grief, jealousy, or hatred. This, in turn, reflects in one’s actions and in one’s relationships. When you are positive, you can help others around you feel positive too. There are a number of ways to cleanse your aura:
- Take a salt bath. A salt bath helps remove negative thoughts, emotions, and feelings. We all get stressed and daily struggles can lead to bad energy in our aura field. So to remove this, a salt bath is a powerful remedy. Add Himalayan pink salt to bath water and soak for 10 minutes.
- Walking in nature can help. If possible, ground yourself with Mother Earth by walking barefoot in the grass.
- Meditate in a room by burning a few candles or incense sticks to remove clutter from the mind. Visualize a positive bright light filling up your entire home or office. Bless everyone. Keep your thoughts kind. Do this daily to bring positive energy into your home or office.
7. Burn black candles
Burning black candles is a quick and easy way to remove negative energy from a space. They neutralize negative energy or vibrations, clear obstacles, protect the people in the house, and even help remove the third party from a relationship.
8. Perform a ‘cord-cutting’ ritual
You can do a cord cutting ritual to get rid of old attachments and toxic relationships that tend to bring negative energy in the house. This ritual is especially useful in helping you deal with a breakup.
- Burn red or black candles.
- Buy gold or silver strands for the cord. You also need sharp scissors to cut the cord with and a spade to bury the cord. Tie the cord around your waist. Sit on a yoga mat or pillow.
- Start with an intention. Ask for help from your archangels or Guru or whoever it is that you believe in that can help you transform that relationship into something that is more positive and serves you positively. Say that you are cutting the cord with this person and ask for guidance and help in the process.
- You can close your eyes and meditate. Think about your interactions with the person. The more thoughts and feelings you can put in, the better it will help you visualize. Cut the cord. Bury it in a pot or the garden.
9. Volunteer to help others less fortunate
When you are feeling low and depressed, helping others in worse conditions than you can help you become more grateful for the blessings you have. So go to a soup kitchen, donate food or clothes, teach or coach kids, or visit the elderly homes or orphanages simply to connect with lonely, sick, or poor people. This will fill your heart with joy.
10. Use Feng shui
Feng shui is a great way to bring positivity and luck into a home. Consult an expert to help suggest changes in your home/office furniture placement or simply check out this guide for quick and easy Feng shui tips.