Back fat or bra bulge does not allow your clothes to hang right. Back fat is usually genetic but it could also mean that you are not burning carbohydrates fast enough. But all is not lost- people with back fat and love handles can readily get rid of it with specifically designed exercises and following easy ways.
1. Measure yourself
Take your body measurements and note them in a journal. This will help you analyze how your body is re-shaping itself with your efforts to lose the back fat. Body measurements from time to time will keep things realistic and you will also know how much of an effort you are required to put in.
2. Get into the right mindset
When trying to lose weight and especially back fat and love handles, the best thing you can is to train your mind first. Many people have seen excellent results with positive visualization prior to each workout. Visualize what is important to you. It could be looking great, attracting the opposite sex or just being healthy and fit.
3. Practice good posture
This tip won’t help you lose back fat and love handles, but it can certainly help you look slimmer. Sit and stand up straight; do not slump. Rounded shoulders and forward slumping will only push your belly out and give you a flabbier appearance. Here is a posture improving exercise that can also help you lose back fat quickly:
- Sit up straight, extend your arms forward and pull back with your elbows against your sides. Squeeze the shoulders together. This exercise will give you a slimmer waist and also reduce lower back fat.
4. Keep a fast packed workout
Fast paced exercises give faster results and also help you tone problem areas quickly. You can easily do a 5 minute workout on busy days with 30 squats, 60 pushups, 60 abdominal crunches, and few minutes of planking. All these exercises are great for fat burning and tone the back and love handles quickly. Also try and do several exercises that work different muscle groups of the back and waist:
- Dumbbell squat presses- Squat until your thighs are parallel to the floor then press and lower the dumbbells over your head. Repeat several times.
- Do Burpee pushups- These are great for toning the shoulders and upper back.
- Incorporate stomach exercises like abdominal crunches and hanging leg raises or cable twists.
5. Do Yoga
Many yoga exercises not only improve flexibility; they also help you lose back fat and love handles. Sun salutations are the best or you can do the following two Yoga poses to lose back fat quickly:
- Cobra pose or Bhujangasana– Lie on your stomach. Place your palms flat near your chest. Now rise upwards up to the navel keeping the elbows bent at 45 degrees. Relax the shoulders and continue breathing deeply and slowly. Hold the pose for 15 seconds. Do three sets daily.
- Dhanurasna or Bow pose– Lie on your tummy. Hold each of your ankles with your hands and pull backwards. Stretch the body so you are resting on your belly. Hold this pose for 15 seconds. Continue breathing slowly and deeply.
6. Snack smart
You need not starve your body when trying to lose back fat quickly, but you must definitely limit your carbs. Here are some snacks you can eat as many of as you want without gaining weight:
- Cucumbers, celery sticks and carrots
- Herbal tea without caffeine
- Nuts and seeds in moderation
7. Eat real food
This includes food that is as close to its natural state, with the exception of meat and eggs of course. What we mean is avoiding food from a packet. Also remain aware of what you are eating-many so called healthy foods like sports drinks are packed with sugar. Lean meat, brown rice and fruits and vegetables are good choices. Also eat more alkaline foods to flush out acids in the body caused by refined foods, fast foods etc. Do curb your sugar intake by switching to Stevia instead of artificial sugars.
8. Maintain a food journal
No matter how much you workout to lose back fat, all your efforts will be wasted if you do not eat right. For a week, maintain a food diary-note down everything you eat or drink (before eating or drinking it!).Show the journal to your personal trainer for review.This will keep you accountable and prevent you from cheat days.
9. Set realistic goals
When you workout aimlessly, your chances of failure increase. So keep measuring yourself and make necessary changes in your workout. Also carry along pictures and other motivational tools to keep you accountable. This tip will help you not just lose back fat but also the fat in all areas of the body.
10. Keep working on your goals for 40 days
It is said that your brain needs at least 40 days to get used to certain habits and lifestyles. So try not to cheat for the first 40 days. Continue your yoga, exercise and diet and you will stick to the regime for life.
We hope these 10 easy ways to lose back fat help you.