Going for a party this evening? Everyone wants to look slimmer but they are usually sabotaged by their dressing sense. If you simply stop wearing dresses and clothes that make you look heavier, then you can actually look thinner by tonight. So, here are important dressing and styling tips to help you look thinner this evening!
Table of Contents
- 1. Invest in shape-wear and supportive bras
- 2. Assess each piece of clothing you have
- 3. Stock up on the right ‘no-fat’ pieces
- 4. Pay attention to the fabrics
- 5. Flattering and slimming colors
- 6. Choose the right hair cut
- 7. Contour with makeup
- 8. Face thinning tips
- 9. Tips for thick neck and broad shoulder
- 10. Accessories
1. Invest in shape-wear and supportive bras
Women must use supportive bras and shapewear to hide the love handles and bulges around the armpits and backside. This is a super easy way to look thinner in minutes.
2. Assess each piece of clothing you have
Before you go shopping, wear the best clothes in your wardrobe. Try on each piece and see which works the best in your favor. If needed, get a friend to assist you. You can even take photos to see which style slims you down and ones that fatten you. For example, some people do better in prints while others look fatter in them. This will help you buy the right clothes and accessories.
3. Stock up on the right ‘no-fat’ pieces
Certain dress styles instantly slim you down. These include V-neck sweaters, pencil skirts, bootcut jeans, wrap dresses, flat front trousers, knee length boots and nude colored high heels. Avoid balloon skirts, baby doll style dresses, sweat pants, espadrille, tube tops, cut off jeans, micro minis, high slit skirts and hot pants.
4. Pay attention to the fabrics
Certain fabrics hug your figure tightly. These are cotton, crepe silk, cashmere, wool, rayon and spandex.
5. Flattering and slimming colors
All darker hues are slimming and can make you look thinner. Black is the best but you can also go for brown, navy, charcoal, burgundy, olive, gray etc.
6. Choose the right hair cut
A good hair cut can take off years off your face and can be instrumental in making your look thinner. Go to a good stylist and get highlights or low lights that complement your original shade and also change to a cut that frames the face, enhances the jaw line and minimizes the puffy look. Talk to your stylist and set expectations right. A general thumb rule: avoid small hair on big body and big hair on small body. If you have a double chin, avoid bob and short hair. Instead go for shoulder length hair in layers to distract from the face. Here are some more hair tips to look thinner:
- Ditch the middle part-it emphasizes the roundness of the face. Go for a side part.
- Avoid stiff hair-use soft gel that adds shine to your hair.
- Stay away from pigtails and other cutesy stuff.
- Do not go for anything drastic like pink or purple hair.
- Also stay away from jet black hair color.
- Control frizz with serums.
If thinning hair is a problem, go for products like Toppik etc which add hair like fibers in the bald areas.
7. Contour with makeup
Face contouring can make your face look a lot thinner than it is. You will need to invest in the right makeup products like 2 different shades of foundation. One foundation must match your skin tone; the other should be a couple of shades darker for use on perimeter and cheekbones. Here is a great video for contouring.
8. Face thinning tips
For a thinner face, here are some tips:
- Get your eyebrows shaped. If you have sparse brows, fill them up with a pencil.
- Get your teeth cleaned professionally-a white bright smile can draw away attention from the fleshy areas of the face.
9. Tips for thick neck and broad shoulder
Avoid high collars and ruffled necklines. Do not pull back hair tightly or have a really short haircut. Boat-neck tops are very fattening if you have thick neck and broad shoulders. Stay away from choker necklaces. Avoid dresses and tops with shoulder pads.
For jewelry, go for medium large hoop earrings and delicate chains. Lose the hair accessories having teeth like combs and even headbands. Stacks of bangles and high strappy sandals are great for a thinner look.
And that’s pretty much everything you need to know to look thinner tonight!